|Royal Danish Collection|
I frequently get asked for recommendations about cigars to give as gifts. This time of year is no exception. In reply I always ask the basic questions; What are they smoking now? What flavor profile do they like? Or mild, medium or full bodied?
And most of the time I get blank stares.
So how do you buy cigars for someone you know enjoys an occasional premium cigar when you have no idea of what they smoke??
Stick to the middle of the road.
You can't go wrong with a tried and true premium cigar that isn't on any extreme end of the spectrum.
When you are not sure what this person's flavor preference is, going not too mild and not to full bodied is a safe bet.
My top picks for a cigar as gifts is:
- Macanudo Cafe
- Connecticut shade wrapper. Dominican fillers. Mild into medium body
- A Dominican cigar that is a consistently good smoke. Medium body
- One of my go-to cigars, a Dominican favorite. Mild into medium body
- A dark and oily maduro wrapped cigar from Honduras. Medium body
- A Nicaraguan gem. This cigar is not as well know as it should be. Medium body and smooth.
These cigars should help you in this gift giving season and won't break the bank. All five of these cigars run under $10.00 per cigar depending on size.
Now for that special someone who is a known cigar aficionado you could alway get them either the Daniel Marshall 24kt Golden Torpedo wrapped in pure Italian 24kt gold leaf - $250.00
or the Royal Danish Queens 1 Regal Blend with 24kt gold flecks and Swarovski crystals - $125.00
No matter what cigars you buy for that cigar smoker on your list, they are sure to appreciate it and think of you when they lite up.